The weather is warming up, and it’s time to get back on that bike. Are you planning a long-distance road trip this spring or summer? Here are some ways that you can prepare:
1. Plan your route. Figure out where you want your final destination to be, and work your way from there. Mark out all the places you’d like to see, the places you’ll stop to eat, where you’ll lodge and the gas stations along the way.
2. Know your limits. You probably know how many miles you can go within a one day. This will help keep you on track, and allow you to build in some rest breaks.
3. Pack carefully. Check the weather conditions before you leave, and pack many thin layers (best if they are waterproof and well ventilated), but don’t over pack…no need to carry the unnecessary weight, and cheaper items can always be bought at convenience stores on your route. Along with a safety repair kit and first aid kit, keep snacks and water on hand as well.
4. Inspect your bike – or even better – get it serviced before you go, to make sure everything is in proper working order before you hit the road
5. Your road trip will take you to unfamiliar locations. Protect your bike with T3 Vehicle Security System. The T3 will alert you immediately if your bike is moved. Your phone will show GPS location, speed, and direction. You call the T3, press # and T3 connects you to the 911-Operator located closest to your bike and T3 can let police track the thief with real-time location of the bike. Learn more here.
Enjoy the ride!
T3 Tech Tip: An authorized emergency contact can call the T3 and the T3 will answer their call. The contact can have T3 make the 3-party call to 911 to explain the emergency.