The first documented case of car theft was in 1896. Vehicles are valuable, pretty easy to sell and they have a built in getaway system. Recent reports indicate that a car gets broken into every 20 seconds in the United States. Traditional car alarms have been around for decades with some effectiveness but it’s just not good enough. We’ve learned that 63% of vehicles have alarms and 41% of stolen vehicles have alarms which means car alarms are 35% effective in deterring theft. Doesn’t give you much sense of security does it? Here are some other interesting statistics….
Mechanical Steering Wheel Locks -7% effective
Window Security Etching – 14% effective
Central Locking Vehicles – 32% effective
GPS Tracking Devices – 77% effective
While car alarms are not required in the United States but in Canada, Australia and many other European countries they require ignition kill switches. By far vehicle tracking devices are the most effective, because we all know audible systems is really just a noisemaker. It might deter a thief but if they do steal the vehicle there is NO WAY to track the vehicle. This is why GPS Tracking Devices are so effective.
The 911Tracker GPS Tracking Device
* Gives you the location of your vehicle allowing you to recover it.
* Saves you money because it can lower your car insurance.
* If you parked your car with your T3 in Master mode, you will receive notification as soon as your vehicle is moved. This is perfect for when parking at the airport, auto body shop or valet.
* When you are talking to 911 on the 3-way call from the T3, the 911-Operator will see your vehicle location using their normal E-911 screen. If the 911-Operator presses 3, the T3 will voice the real-time speed, heading, and pinpoint GPS location.
* T3 includes a vehicle starter disable/enable relay that you can control by sending your secure text message to prevent the thief from re-starting your car.
* The 911Tracker has a back up battery so if the thief disconnects the vehicle battery you are still protected.
We spend thousands of dollars on the vehicles we drive, why wouldn’t we want to protect them just as we do our homes? Tracking devices are highly-effective in protecting against theft and hijacking, and for assisting in the recovery of your stolen vehicle. To learn more about the 911Tracker and how we are making a difference head to our website.
WIN YOUR VERY OWN GPS TRACKER