Summer is right around the corner and temperatures are rising. And we can’t think of anything more uncomfortable than getting into a scorching hot car. Here are some ways you can keep your parked car a little bit cooler.
1. If garage parking is not available, find a shaded parking spot.
2. Keep your windows slightly cracked (just enough to prevent anyone from breaking in). If you have a sun roof, it’s a good idea to crack this as well to create airflow.
3. Use a sunshade. It really helps to keep that direct sunlight out of the car. You may even want to consider also using a sunshade in your rear window.
4. If you have leather seats, they’ll get hot quick if left in the sun. They won’t get as hot if you lay blankets or towels over them. There are also products on the market like cooling seat covers that will help.
5. Leave your doors open for a few minutes before getting in.
Stay cool this summer!
T3 Tech Tip: T3 can show the owner their vehicle’s status anytime they wish. Status includes: Ignition on/off; Vehicle alarm sounding yes/no; Vehicle starter relay disabled/enabled; Vehicle battery voltage; T3 Guard Mode status.