It is Halloween and as you head out the door with your trick-or-treater, keep in mind the following tips to have a safe and fun night.
- Be careful, especially between 4 and 8 pm when tricker-or-treaters are out and about.
- Drive slowly in residential neighborhoods, try to drive 5 mph below the speed limit in case children dart out into the street.
- Obey all traffic signs and laws.
- Be on the lookout for children crossing the street, in their excitement they may forget to cross at the crosswalk or they might cross from in between parked cars.
- Keep your headlights on even during the daylight hours, so that your vehicle is more visible.
- Teach your children how to cross streets safely at the crosswalk or corner where cars can easily see them.
- Give them flashlights, glow sticks or even use reflective tape on their costumes so they are more visible to drivers.
TECH TIP: The T3 can send the owner a text that shows their vehicle’s location, speed, and direction any time they wish.