Car Show Season is upon us! Which means it’s time to start airing out your vehicle and performing a series of checks to ensure that you have enough time to take your car out for a spin as soon as that first show drives into town!
Whether you winterized your vehicle or not, you need to complete a thorough investigation and CHECK EVERYTHING! To help get you started we’ve compiled a list of hot spot areas that tend to need a tune up from over the winter:
- Check and change the fluids.
- Test your wipers.
- Tires – do they need air, are they flat or spotted?
- Open the hood – how does your wiring look? Sometimes animals chew through some of the wires over the winter, so make sure nothing is disconnected.
- Take a look under your car to make sure nothing leaked.
- Test your lights. And don’t forget to check your brake lights!
- Charge your battery.
- Run your car for a few minutes before taking it out for a spin. As the car is running look under the vehicle again to make sure nothing started leaking.
- Wash, dust and polish. You are ready for a drive!
Another thing to consider before heading to your first car show is installing a T3, because classic car shows are notorious for being targeted for theft opportunities. When installing a T3 on your classic car you have two options: a standard T3 or a Cable-Kit-T which would allow for you to plug in your T3 at the show and then move it back to your daily vehicle once you arrive home. By having a T3 installed while attending out of town shows you are able to react quicker if your car has unauthorized movement. Just set your T3 to Master mode, and it will alert you the moment the vehicle is moved. You instantly receive access to the GPS coordinates, speed, and direction that your vehicle is moving. As well as easily connect to the 911-Operator closest to your vehicle, allowing them to dispatch an officer. Helping bring your beauty back where it belongs and not gone forever.
Interested in purchasing your own T3 or Cable-Kit-T? Head to 911Tracker.com.