Having an RV allows you to hit the open road whenever you want while having all the added comforts and conveniences of home. But because you travel with many of your belongings, it is important to take precautions to secure your RV. Here are a few tips to help keep your RV safe from theft.
- PARK SMART. Be careful where you choose to park your RV. When choosing an RV park, make sure it has nightly patrols and is well lit. And if you have to park your RV in a parking lot or amusement park, it should be in a highly visible area near security personnel. So, if you are away from your RV, someone else has an eye on it.
- LOCK IT UP. This might seem pretty obvious, but oftentimes people run for a quick errand and forget to lock their RV. If it is locked, it will discourage thieves from making your RV a target.
- OUT OF SIGHT. Don’t leave expensive items in plain sight. Items that are of higher value like iPads and other electronic devices should be stowed away and locked up when you are not using them.
- LIGHTS ON. If you are away from your RV at night, keep Interior lights on. Lights left on inside the RV will keep criminals guessing if someone is home. Also, exterior motion detectors are a good way to discourage thieves.
- INSTALL A T3 Vehicle Security System. Experts advise that the only way your RV will be protected is for owners to install an aftermarket engine immobilizer and a GPS tracking device like The T3 Vehicle Security System. With the 911Tracker T3 Vehicle Recovery System, you are alerted the moment that your RV has unauthorized movement or a pre-installed vehicle alarm goes off. The alert will show you the GPS location, speed, and direction that your RV is traveling, and you can easily connect to the 911-Operator closest to your RV, allowing you to speak directly to police within seconds of the emergency. No call center is used – saving you time and money. Saving valuable time can save you, your family, your RV and your belongings. Want to start protecting your RV? Contact us to learn more 877-744-3361!